Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Israelites Cross the Jordan River

Read Joshua 3:1-4:24


Bible Point: Remember What God has Done

To think about and discuss:
  • How do we anticipate that God will do amazing things? Do you anticipate that he will answer your prayers or do you prepare for the negative answer? Is it dangerous to feel too positive or too negative about a prayer request?
  • What kind of treasures do you have that reminds you of the amazing things that God has done for you? What in your home can prompt your children or visitors to ask about the meaning?
Family Worship challenge:
  • Put a bowl on the dining table and encourage each member in your family to put something in it that reminds them of what God has done for them. Each night at dinner, talk about an item and let your prayer before the meal focus on thanking God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that God will answer my prayers in His own way...it may not be in the form I requested but my confidence is that He will and He has. Prayer has had a unbelievable impact in my life. I feel my prayers had gotten so personal in the last few years and therefore my confidence in Him has elevated at the same time. It's a cause and effect correlation. Hard to describe in mere words.

Raj Pillai

Mike Fortune said...

Great family worship challenge Rej!!! WTG!!! From Mike the party crasher.