Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jesus Rises From the Dead

Key Point: Jesus is Alive


Key Verse:
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but
Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in
the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me”
(Galatians 2:20).


Bible Exploration: Matthew 27: 27-56, 28: 1-10


Think about the principal players in these stories, and what were their
reactions to what happened:

Jesus suffered but knew he had to for our sakes;

the priests were glad to be rid of Jesus and mocked him;

the soldiers also enjoyed mocking and torturing him;

Joseph took action to make sure Jesus was given a proper burial;

Pilate took care to make sure no one stole the body;

the guards were terrified at the appearance of the angel;

the women who followed Jesus were first overwhelmed with grief, then overwhelmed with joy and fear.

Why was the Resurrection such a significant moment for the
people in these passages? What did the Resurrection prove to
them?


To discuss:

Whose job or reaction did you most relate to? Would you be grieving, doubting or believing?




Family Challenge:


  • Have family members imagine they were present at the
    Resurrection. Ask each person to share one personal
    reaction to seeing the empty tomb or being confronted by
    the risen Christ.

1 comment:

Rej Dixit said...

I'm a doer. In grief, I'd probably be like Joseph, making arrangements for the things that need to be done. So when Jesus rose again, I'd be pleasantly surprised!